August 30th, 1903
Organizational council - Buck Creek; Old Buck Creek; Mt. Liberty; Calhoun; Livermore; Walton Creek; West Point; Oak Grove; Third; Owensboro. Meeting held in Nalley School, W.S. King elected Moderator, Church named Richland. L. Estes, G.W. Ray, W.S. King ordained deacons. Covenant and Articles of faith read and adopted unanimously. Joined Daviess County Baptist Association.
September 5th, 1903
Rules of Decorum read and adopted. L.P. Drake called as pastor $100.00 per year.
October 3rd, 1903
Church Meetings. 1st Sunday 2:30 p.m. and Saturday before 1st Sunday.
April 30th, 1904
Missions secretary elected (early interest in missions)
October 1st, 1904
W.S. King to donate 1.5 acres on public road for purpose of erecting church building - gift accepted. Building to be built 32x48x14 - $1,000.00.
Richland Baptist Church’s original building was constructed in 1906. We have since remodeled and added onto the original structure to have the building we use today.
Our first full time Pastor (1946-1951) Brother Elton Wilson, his wife Dean, and their first son Leon.